Waste-to Energy Ash Vitrification Commissioned in Kinnura, Japan in 1995
- MARC-3A Torches
– Total System : 640 KW
– Individual Torch : 60 – 160 KW
- Process Gas : Air
- Electrode Life :
– Anode : 900 Hours
– Cathode : 300 HoursFour Marc-3A plasma torches are utilized to melt ash produced in a 240 tons per day MSW incinerator plant at Ishikawa Heavy Industries (IHI) plant in Kinuura, Japan.
- Plasma electricity consumption is 180 kwhr/ton of ash
- The plant was commissioned in 1995.
- The plasma systems are operated by the municipality without assistance from IHI.